Saturday, April 21, 2012

Inspired...


If I need a push-along with a project, inspiration is so easily accessed...there are wonderful books, magazines and a whole universe of on-line material in which to immerse oneself. It's immersion therapy - one wallows in a collection of colours and patterns and images, in the ways that others have collected and remixed, and after basking in this extraordinary collage, I find I can't wait to get back to my own work and let my own creative energy go crazy on whatever it is I'm doing.

Pinterest is full of visual feats - I can revisit my own pin boards or have a look at others or get a bit of pinning action...




































State of Craft

And there are all the fabulous blogs out there to be read as well: like blissful Pink Friday; the chic carnets parisiens and the quirky All the luck in the world just for starters.


The library of crafting books out there is growing daily. State of Craft by Victoria Woodcock is a recent favourite...in fact anything that is a like a visual/literary craft compilation I find to be fascinating: Craft Activism by Joan Tapper and Gayl Zucker; and Handmade Nation by Faythe Devine and Courtney Heimerl.








And there are some lovely mags for sale as well...I really find the new-ish 
Mollie Makes from England super-inspirational, the ads as much as the stories 
at times, and it reflects the sans-frontiers cachet that stalks craft.

Sunday is the perfect day for a bit of craft-immersion! 
Enjoy your days, and weeks ahead!



















No comments:

Post a Comment